Friday, June 12, 2009

what to do with a bumper crop of radishes


We have radishes out the wazzoo! I have tried several radish salad recipes but so far none are keepers. I did however find that I love radish sandwiches!!! This would also be a great appetizer dip or topping for crackers or celery. I used 4 oz cream cheese softened and a heaping tablespoon of chopped chives with 2 garlic cloves minced and salt and pepper to taste. I sliced thin about 7 or 8 radishes which had been halved or quartered depending on their size. I salted the radishes and set them in a colander over a paper towel and let them drain for about twenty minutes. After that I squished out a bit more water from the radishes and mixed them with the above ingredients. We spread the mixture on both rye toast and a bagel! The results were delish!

No comments: